Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Page 1

I have not been blogging for quite some time. Today I went to visit my old time friend; he was reading a book by Adam Khoo. I have never read Adom Khoo’s book before, I heard that he is an inspirational speaker, he taught many motivational strategy and winning habits. Sad to say, I am not too impressed with youngest self made millionaire or very successful people like him. How do we define successful? How do we define rich? Is there a specific definition? To me, being happy is successful. Being happy and be with the one you love is rich. I wish to come out with a book call “How to be happy”.

Many times, you don’t need a motivational speaker to tell you that this is possible. It is all in you, isn’t it? Everyone is different and unique; hence there should be no winning habits in my opinion. What is working for Adom Khoo may not be working for us, and what is working for us may not work for him. In fact, many times, we already know how to solve certain issues, but we just need validation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbk980jV7Ao (Check this out, quite interesting) we should be the master of our own destiny. Is being persistent the winning formula? Is it one of the ingredient needed? Many times, we are too short sighted. Let’s take for instance, a shop owner is very persistent to increase his business, so everyday he worked very hard, from early morning till late night, he is persistent to improve his business. For me, I admire his hard work, but he may not survive his business for long. To me, being persistent is to set your objective right from the beginning, look far, look future, not present. Besides operating longer hours, what can be done to make business more viable? Perhaps more advertisement is needed? Can we cut unnecessary administrative cost? Is there any cheaper way of bringing product awareness to the public? Many times, people always looked at the traditional way of doing things. Just like people always thought that after “O” Level, they must enrolled local Poly or JC and go through the conventional way of getting a degree. Do we have to always conform to society? Sometime, I think we are being conditioned to have certain thoughts. There are many ways of looking at things, if we look from certain platform, we think that it will not work, but if we make some adjustment, it seems ok. Seriously, Adom Khoo believed that everything can be done; this was because he may not have suffered many failures. At the end of the day, it is the belief that we are holding. If you aspired to be a millionaire, then asked yourself, what must you do to be one? Buying Lottery? Buying shares? Yes, I do believe in easy money, but not through these ways. There is no fixed model and you should not believe there is. The only way why inspiration speaker like Adom Khoo could inspire us was because our minds are weaker than his. In the first place, asked yourself what do you really one, set the objective right, and next asked yourself how are you going to get there? How many routes are there to your destination? How is your strength going to help you? What is going to hinder you and list them all out? Next, make a plan how are you going to get there. Along the way, you can always revisit your road to your destination and see if you have made any progression. I yelled to get a degree since young, I could not get into a local Poly, in the end, I went to take a private diploma, I took that same old course for three times, every time, I was so distracted that I didn’t put in 100% to study, in the end, I failed to turn up for final exam thrice. After that, I went on to do my own business. After a year, I went back to school. This time round, I was very determined to finish my diploma. I went to another school. There was something that was driving me so hard that I finished my degree as well. Everyone got their own drive. We must know what drives us. Some people are motivated by money, some people are motivated by love, and some are motivated by family. Frankly, if there is a winning formula, then in my opinion, that knows yourself better and knowing what drives you. Continue to use that drives to motivate yourself. Set your objectives and goal right (If you do not understand yourself, you will not be able to set it right, isn’t it? J Along the way, revisit your plans and see if you are on the right path, if you are not making the progression you desire, brainstorm and asked yourself if there is any alternative. Just like singing, if you are out of tune, then you should get back instead of rushing through the song. Be your own master and live your own dream. Sometime, being able to see things from one angle is a handicapped. Whatever we do, we need to learn how to moderate. Sometime, people take pride too important ( I am guilty of it myself), sometime we are too eager to win, we are too eager to prove a point. If only we are looked things from other perspective, the world will be a more peaceful place without wars and riots. Imagine if we are going to leave earth to another planet, is all the money and land that we possessed transferable? Even our knowledge may not be applicable anymore. Winning is not everything, let alone a winning formula? The key to unlock your heart is in search of your own happiness, sometime, helping others is also a form of happiness. Seeing the one you love being happy can also be another form of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment